Saturday, May 4, 2013

Conjecture Rectified

Apparently, my Facebook statuses over the last few days caught somebody's, actually a few somebodies' attention. Here they are in case you missed them.








Evidently they caused quite a stir in some circles of our small town over the past few days. 

No one who has talked about them has asked me personally where the quotes were from, who said them, what they were in reference to, or why I shared them. 


They chose to draw their own conclusions, concoct silly scenarios, and share those publicly instead.


So let me rectify the conjecture in play. 

And just in case these are new words, please let Google educate you. 








So again I say - let me put right an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information that is being tossed around.

Please notice, conjecture's synonymous verbs -

  • guess
  • surmise
  • presume
  • suppose
  • speculate

And my personal favorite
  • ASSUME

And we all know what assuming does . . . now say it with me . . . it makes an . . .


JJ the Jackass by Robin Hegemier



********************************************
God speaks to me through words. He always has. 

Scripture, 
prayers, 
sermons, 
song lyrics, 
stories, 
other people's words, 
even my own words. 

When I journal, He works on my heart. 

It's there He talks to me about the sin in my life, 
the things that hinder my relationship with Him, 
the things He wants to teach me. 

Sometimes, not often because its deeply personal, but sometimes He prompts me to share. 

And He did.

So I did.

That's it.

The end. 

Just God telling me about myself and telling me to share it because someone else needed it too.

Considering the attention it garnered, He must have been right. 

********************************************

Last night when He and I were writing/wrestling, I had no idea that my statuses had garnered such a ruckus or that my words would be shared today.

But since things got stirred up, He says it must be done. I think you'll see why.

So here it is. 

Raw, 
unpretty, 
straight from 
His heart
to mine
to yours.




I'm beginning to think that plowing the hard ground looks an awful lot like stirring crap up.

Seriously. 

To plow, the ground has to be torn up completely. If the ground isn't healthy, some type of fertilizer, manure, crap must be added, stirred in. Otherwise, the seeds will never grow. 

You can dig a hole, you can drop a seed, you can water, you can weed. 
But if the ground is not ready, nothing will grow. 

Maybe that's what we do. 

We tear things up, we add what's missing, and then we mash it all around so something healthy can take place. 

And then someone else gets to dig the hole, plant the seed, water it, and watch it grow. 

I don't know much about farming, but that makes an awful lot of sense to me because it seems like we always stir things up. 

Rarely the same issue and never just for the sake of doing it. 
But just because the ground was hard. 

Ground that was parched, cracked, almost dead. It had to be hit hard, again and again, in the same place, day after day, until it began to crumble, until good things could be mixed with it. 

Then the living and the dead meshed into one, 
creating fertile soil where something could grow. 

It wasn't ours to choose what was planted or how it was planted.
Just to prepare the ground for what was to come. 

Seventeen years is a long time to play in the dirt. But sometimes, I just sat down. I didn't play in it much less work in it. I just sat and looked at it, disgusted by what I saw. 

It seemed too hard.

But I forgot Whose dirt it was, and that its where I started. The very thing I'm made from. 

So I guess the truth is 
this is really what He does. 

He tears it all up. 
The hard ground.
His people.
His lost.
His saved.
Them. 
Us.
You.
Me.
All of it.
He tears it all up. 

He tears it all up,
picks the rocks
and the weeds out,

adds in what's missing,
what's needed,

stirring it all around,

and the soil
starts to breathe,

the dead
begins
to live,

creating fertile
soil ripe
for growth.




2 comments:

  1. I love your heart, and admire your boldness in just laying it out there. You are an honorable woman of God, mother who works hard and I just wanna say keep up the awesome!

    (hugs) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I missed this comment, but thanks so much for your kind words, Jennifer! Needed that today.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS